Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday - catching up

Wow, suddenly keeping up with the posts has become a much harder task. Around here we are finding our "sea legs". It is times like this week that I feel really fortunate that I have flexibility in my work schedule, and a great team that are likely more comfortable without me getting in the way. Of course, that dream hits the wall when I realize that source deductions need to be submitted to "the man" today...dream over.
Along with her improved health, Emma's appetite has made a welcome return. Emma's eating has been off for months. I can't speak for what it is like in other households, but in our family food is always a big priority. Its really hard trying to come to terms with the feeling that I can't feed my daughter. It drives me to distraction. Now, I may have created a completely different problem, she has taken on dad's worst habit, the need to constantly graze. When we get in the van together and the first thing that she says is "bagel?". I begin to realize that I need to change my ways. The weather this week has been great so we have been able to get outside as a family, which has been nice. Yesterday Emma asked to hold Sam for the first time. It went better than expected. You just need to make sure that you are ready when she announces that she has had enough. Since then, she has held him a number of times after asking mom. This weekend is our last opportunity to assemble Sam's full name. Neither of us can believe that this saga continues. I can only imagine what he will think when he is older and realizes that his parents couldn't find a name for him for the first 3 weeks of his life. Sam is an interesting baby. I have discussed his grumpiness. That is certainly something that has stuck with him. The constant grumbling makes me wonder if he will ever grow out of it. Its not like he has been subjected to the Liberal party dark years yet in his life time, of course I hadn't thought of Dalton...The other unique thing that he does is flash his hands around. It constantly makes someone comment that he looks like he is practicing his marshal arts. This has got my wonderfully creative wife to believe that we should call him Samurai...

No comments:

Post a Comment